ATBH Organizing Subcommittee
Chair: Dr Emma Stokes, Head of Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation, Qatar University
Dr Stokes is the head of the newly established Department of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Science at Qatar University. She has worked in education for almost 25 years and is on leave from Trinity College Dublin where she is an associate professor and Fellow. Her research and teaching focus on professional practice issues for the profession. She has taught and lectured in over 40 countries around the world. In 2015, she was elected to serve as President of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy. She was re-elected for a further four years in 2019. She has experience as a member and chair of boards in Ireland and internationally in a diversity of settings including education, health, research and regulation.
Co-chair: Mr Liwaa Al-Smadi, Section Head of Events, Communications & Public Relations Department, Qatar University
Mr Al-Smadi is the section head of events at Qatar University, where he is directing supervision of the events team and supervising and managing the overall calendar of events for the University. Previously Mr Al-Smadi was recruited by the University to assume the position of event specialist. He is used to researching markets to identify opportunities for events and identifying speakers or special guests. Mr Al-Smadi managed big scale events (such as graduation ceremonies), international events (THE Emerging Economies Summit), and other events where VIPs were hosted (A session with the Prime Minister of Malaysia Dr. Mahathir Mohammed). He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature from Jerash Private University. Mr Al-Smadi has attended several management courses, such as netiquette and modern management skills, among others. He possesses excellent communication and team building skills.
Other ATBH Organizing Subcommittee Members
- Ms Grace Attieh, Teaching Assistant of Human Nutrition, College of Health Sciences, Qatar University, Qatar
- Ms Taghreed Abunada, Teaching Assistant of Biomedical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Qatar University, Qatar
- Ms Muneera Al-Ansari, Senior Engagement and Communications Specialist, Vice President for Medical and Health Sciences Office, Qatar University, Qatar
- Ms Myriam Eljaam, Teaching Assistant of Clinical Pharmacy and Practice, College of Pharmacy, Qatar University, Qatar
- Mr Norman Wong, Pharmacy Technician Lead Instructor, School of Health Sciences, College of North Atlantic, Qatar
- Ms Raneem Jabari, Engagement and Communications Specialist, Vice President for Medical and Health Sciences Office, Qatar University, Qatar
- Ms Tamara Al-Abdi, Lecturer of Human Nutrition, College of Health Sciences, Qatar University, Qatar
Ms Maha Al-Qatouni, Senior Student Support Specialist, College of Health Sciences, Qatar University