About Qatar University
Qatar University is one of the leading institutions of academic and research excellence in the GCC region. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, primed to shape the future of Qatar. The organization’s strong relationship with Qatari society is reflected in its community service efforts and in its vibrant research portfolio that addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances national goals towards a knowledge-based economy, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of the society.
Key facts about Qatar University:
- Home to 11 colleges offering around 100 specializations in line with market needs
- Over 28,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate level
- 18 research centers of excellence fielding multidisciplinary research activities.
- Over 500 collaborative projects in over 130 countries
- World Health Organization names Qatar University “Education City for Health”
- QU was ranked:
- Second in Times Higher Education (THE) Arab University Rankings 2021
- Second in the QS Arab Region University Rankings 2022
- Amongst the top best 600 universities globally, according to 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy.
- 208 in the latest 2023 edition in QS World University Rankings.
- Among the top six universities in the International Outlook indicator, for the seventh year in a row, according to the overall THE World University Rankings
- Among the Global Top 25 performers, in the U-Multirank 2021 indicator ‘international joint publications
For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.qa